Washing The Face
Cleaning the face is a daily practice.
The goal of face washing is
to unclog pores and to dissolve dirt,
makeup and remove excess oils.
You may not realize that this is also a great
opportunity to slough off dead skin cells
- STEP 1: Begin by washing your hands. (You don't want all of the grease, grime and germs from your hands on your face, do you?) And, if you have on any eye makeup, remove it before you begin to cleanse.
- STEP 2: Wet your face completely with tepid water. Anything too hot will shock the skin and could even burst capillaries, resulting in those sensitive red marks usually found around the nose and cheeks. Next, squeeze a dime-sized amount of cleanser onto your fingertips and rub them together. Use a good cleanser to remove all the dirt from your face. Make sure you select a cleanser that best suits your skin type. Use your fingertips to massage the cleanser into your skin (anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute) in small and gentle circular motions. If you scrub into your skin too hard it might even scratch your skin and leave scars.
- STEP 3: Wash your face with a mild face wash, rinse thoroughly, then pat it dry. Use lukewarm water. Hot water dehydrates the skin and may even burn it. If you use cold water it will make your skin dry.
- One of the best ways to ensure that dirt and makeup are removed is by using a muslin cloth when you rinse. In addition, if you gently scrub in small circles, the cloth also acts as a light exfoliant!
- Also, don't forget to rinse your hairline, your neck and the nooks on either side of your nose. It is necessary to Steam your face. This will release your facial pores.
- To steam face place face near a bowl of boiled water for 5-10 minutes. If not this you can even wet a towel in hot water place over face a couple of times.
- STEP 4: Finish by splashing your face two to three times with cool water (not freezing cold... you don't want to shock your face) to close your pores. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- After cleaning skin and after drying it now you need to use moisturizer. This helps the face to become soft and supple. Use of moisturizers help in keeping skin hydrated as it replace loss of water from skin. They are effectual because they lock up moisture in your skin. Some of the ingredients that make a fine moisturizer are Aloe Vera gel or Vitamin E.